We are currently rebuilding our app and want to give it a fresh new feel so a new UI is in order.
This is where you come in: We are looking for a thoughtful, empathetic and creative designer that will not only make our mobile apps a treat for the eyes but will also help us make it effortless for users.
Some background: Gamers Grid is an app that helps gamers find people to play with online instantly, regardless of what games they play, how they play or when they play. We launched the current versions of the app a few years ago but are working on a new version that will be easier to use, with more functionalities and overall more effective.
Your responsibilities for this contract will include:
- The entire end-to-end design process, from early-stage ideation and wire-framing right up until launch
- Rapid Prototyping of ideas that effectively communicate interaction and ideas
- Assist the engineering team throughout feature implementation
- Create high-quality design deliverables including flows, wireframes, prototypes and assets
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- 2+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- Experience Designing cross-platform products
- Basic knowledge of video games and understanding of what gamers look for in a UI
- Experience shipping applications (seeing through all the stages of product lifecycle)
- Experience doing contract work
- Formal education in Design, interaction/UX design or HCI
If this project goes well we will be looking to hire again to give our logo refresh, creatives and more